Cigna Dental Savings is a low-cost alternative to traditional dental insurance and offers average discounts of 31%* off of quality dental services. Choose your own dentist from Cigna’s nationwide network of 92,000** dentists and dental specialists. You can also choose one of our three programs that include discounts on a wide range of everyday services.
Cigna Dental Savings is not traditional insurance, but rather a simple way to access discounts on dental services. Simply present your Cigna ID card when you visit a participating Cigna dentist to receive the discounted rate on dental services.
Enjoy these benefits when
affordable discount program:
- Choose a dentist from our large national network of over 92,000 dentists. To find a participating dentist in your area, search our online directory or call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
- It’s not dental insurance. It’s an easy-to-use discount savings program. There are no hassles such as claim forms, deductibles or referrals to visit a specialist.
- Choose one of three programs. You select the one that best meets your needs and enjoy all the discounts that come with that program.
- Our discount program also offers discounts on orthodontia, dentures and other services.
- No one-time startup fee
Dental Savings Add Up Fast
Examples of the savings our program offers:
|Procedure||Usual Fee2||Savings Typical
|Two periodic exams (adult)4||$102||$70||$32||31.50%|
|Two periodic exams (child)4||$102||$70||$32||31.50%|
|Two routine cleanings (adult)4||$180||$123||$57||31.50%|
|Two routine cleanings (child)4||$138||$95||$43||31.50%|
|Two fluoride treatments (child)4||$72||$49||$23||31.50%|
|Two bitewing x-rays4||$86||$59||$27||31.50%|
|One resin composite filling (1-surface anterior, adult or child)||$155||$105||$50||32.00%|
|Two quadrants of periodontal scaling and root planning||$466||$317||$149||32.00%|
|One complete denture||$1,318||$921||$397||30.20%|
|Total – average||$291||$201||$90||31%|
1. Based on Cigna DPPO book of business, 2015 and Cigna DPPO analytics, 2010–2015. Discounts were 1/1/2015 – 12/31/2015, projected on 4/1/2016 from Cigna pricing department.
2. Based on 9/01/2015–02/01/2016 national average charges projected by Cigna Dental through 7/1/2016. Fees vary by region.
3. Typical discounted fees are listed for visits to participating dentists. Members are responsible for paying all applicable fees and charges directly to the dentist at the time of visit. Charges may vary from the sample listed above. Members should consult with their network dentist before beginning any treatment.
4. Procedure frequencies are examples used for illustrative purposes only. Consult your dentist for appropriate care, testing and treatment recommendations.